06 Jul Shipping and refunds
Shipping and refunds
This page describes Byhand Product Ltd’s policy on shipping and refunds for all products purchased through this website. We strive to maintain excellent customer service and satisfaction, including a guarantee of every product as it’s described on this website. Contact us with any queries that are not addressed below.
- Shipping charges for goods delivered within Nairobi or out of Nairobi (Upcountry) will incur a shipping cost KSh 1,000 except areas considered as hardship areas. This will hold unless we have a promotional activity.
- Byhand Products Ltd will provide one shipping cost to orders that are split between multiple shipping addresses. We reserve the right to choose the most appropriate shipping method according to the size and weight of your order, the location of your shipping address, and other factors.
- Goods to Nairobi will be shipped within 24 working hours after receipt and completion of the order and 48 working hours to the rest of Kenya. Note that the shipping times are estimates and not guarantees.
- Shipping times can be affected by factors over which Byhand Products Ltd has no control, including incorrect delivery addresses, weather, courier and customs delays and Post Office delivery restrictions.
- Byhand Products Ltd is not responsible for receiving and processing an order with an incorrect shipping address. Please check your shipping address for accuracy. Please allow for additional time for all out of town and international orders. We have no control over certain delays like customs delays.
- Local customs and immigration agencies determine any duties or taxes that may be levied against packages arriving from outside the destination country. These additional fees are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Byhand Products Ltd cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the purchaser or recipient of orders due to shipment failure or late delivery.
- Incase of a “free shipping” promotion, free shipping* is available on all orders with a shipping address within Kenya. International orders must choose a shipping method at checkout and contact us for a shipping rate.
Delivery to hardship areas (Areas considered with poor infrastructure)
The following areas* are considered hardship areas by most courier services and will, therefore, attract extra shipping fee of not less than KSh 1,000: Baragoi, Bura, Dadaab, Elwak, Garsen, Hola, Habaswein, Ijaara, Lamu, Lodwar, Lokichogio, Mandera, Maralal, Marimanti, Marsabit, Masalani, Mbita, Modogashe, Moyale, Nginyang, Sugutar, marmar, Takaba, Wajir & Wamba.
Kindly note delivery for items shipped to hardship areas is within 4 days. The shipping fee applies to orders weighing between 0-5 kg, each additional kg or part thereof is charged an additional KSh 50.
* The list is updated occasionally as we get the information. Any other area not listed here and not easily accessible falls under special zone And will be priced accordingly.
Refunds and Returns
You’re eligible for a refund within 3 days if you’re dissatisfied with your purchase due to an error on our part or if the product doesn’t arrive at all.
1. Incorrect Product / Not As Described / Damaged
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, but not including original shipping costs, only if your return is a result of an error on our part. To receive a refund, you must return your item directly to us within 3 days of the estimated delivery date and in the same condition you received it in.
2. Product Did Not Arrive
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, including shipping costs, if your product hasn’t arrived 30 days past the estimated delivery date. If the shipper/courier provides tracking information indicating the book has arrived, the return is void.
In cases where the product is returned to us for any of the following reasons, the refund price includes product price only: incomplete address, unclaimed, returned to sender, or similar.
3. Product Deposit
Our products are custom made on demand, therefore, we require a 20% deposit on all our products as a commitment fee. The deposit is fully refundable if the product is returned due to an error on our part. A demand on the deposit refund due to any other claims may not be honored. This is because the product will have already incured cost of production and workmanship that otherwise would not have been incured.
4. Product Returns
Once a client signs off the delivery note, it’s assumed that the client was satisfied with the product as is. Therefore if the client needs further adjustments or changes their mind, it will come at an extra cost or amount similar to the full cost of the item. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that he/she[client] is present when recieveing the items or the person in charge is responsible of recieving the items.
5. Adjustments and Remounting
- If a client feels that the item was not properly mounted, they should contact us within 3 days, in which we’ll adjust it for free. Incase the complain comes after this period, a charge of Ksh. 1,000 will be applicable.
- Incase a client is moving houses and would like us to assist in moving any of our products a fee of Ksh. 1,500 is applicable.
6. Other Terms & Conditions
- Returned items should be returned in the original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt, excluding the original delivery charge. Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the item.
- The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore, for your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
- The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
- There are no refunds on items damaged in shipping. In that case, you must file a claim with the carrier.
- Orders that are paid for with a credit card and returned will be assessed a KSh 100 as processing fee.
- We do not refund shipping costs MPesa or credit card fees. They will be deducted from the total amount of your refund.
- In case of a refund, either partial or full, the transaction fees incurred by Byhand Products Ltd will be deducted from the refund amount.
- The client has an obligation to respond to any communication either written or oral in order to facilitate delivery. Failure to which, Byhand Products Ltd will retain the product for 30 more days.
- For international orders (outside Kenya), the client will be required to contact Byhand Products Ltd before making an order for a shipping fee estimate.